Friday, August 25, 2006

Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna - II

The movie has the impressive dream star cast of Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Rani Mukherji, Preity Zinta and Abhishek Bachchan. Shahrukh Khan, in all his modesty, has said in a television interview that no body can go wrong with as talented star cast as this film. The story is by Karan Johar himself and the screenplay is by Karan Johar and Shibani Bathija. The Art Direction is by Sharmishta Roy and the Costumes are by Manish Malhotra. The music is by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and the lyrics are by Javed Akhtar.

Since everybody knows that this film deals with the ‘sensitive’ issue of extra-marital affairs, I will refrain from setting out the basic premise and story of the film. In this next few posts, I will only discuss some of my own views about this film and about its young and intelligent director Karan Johar and other miscellaneous things associated with the film. Of course, these next few posts will read as if I am terribly biased against Karan Johar. Frankly, I am not. My philosophy is very clear. He is a not one of the best directors around, but he’s a decent director. But I think he’s a poor storyteller. However, he’s a fantastic businessman. I have to give it to the man. He’s raking in the moolah like nobody else and like nobody’s business. And I respect him for that.

No comments: