Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Farhan Akhtar's Don - I

Farhan Akhtar's Don, which is a remake of the cult 1978 Chandra Barot directed thriller Don with Amitabh Bachchan playing the Don. The original Don is a cult movie in more ways than one. Amitabh Bachchan's suave Don act as well as the bumbling idiot turned Don, Kalyanji Anandji's music and the hysteria the movie generated. Chandra Barot’s Don is truly a cult film and in many ways was quite ahead of its times. It was more in the mould of Bond flicks and not many films in those times had plots like Don.

Being such a huge fan of the original Don, I was very keen to watch Farhan Akhtar's Don. I have already seen it twice, once because I wanted to see it and second time when I was in one of the remote town of Gujarat on work and I had half a day to kill post lunch and Don was the only film that I could have watched.

BlogRankings.com

No comments: