Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna - The Movie I

After writing my previous posts on Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, I got an anonymous comment on the same criticizing me for writing about Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna without even watching it.

Inspite of all my efforts of not watching Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, I eventually had to give in to my wife’s emotional blackmailing and saw the movie on Monday i.e., August 28, 2006. Well, to recapitulate from some of my previous posts, I wasn’t too jazzed about watching the film and had many apprehensions about the film. And I was absolutely spot on. So, here’s my take on the film after watching it.

Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna is considered to be a bold move by its director Karan Johar and he has thinks that watching this movie will make people think about their married relationships. Karan Johar also thinks that he has matured as a film maker. I am not sure as to whether he has matured as a film maker indeed or not, but I personally think he has not. As stated in my earlier posts on Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, it seems that he is primarily makes movies to make lots of money. And that he does in style. Full page advertisements carried in leading national newspapers stated that Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna had collected 120 crores in just three weeks of its release (as it then was) and I’m sure he’ s added quite a few numbers to that as you read this.

No comments: