Thursday, February 22, 2007

52nd Filmfare Awards Nominations - XII

For the Filmfare Awards for Best Director, the nominations are:

Once again, this category has some brilliant and best talent of Hindi film industry nominated.

Karan Johar (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna) –I think Karan Johar doesn’t stand a chance.

Rakesh Roshan (Krrish) – Riding very high on the popularity chart. Definitely stands an outside chance.

Rakeysh Mehra (Rang De Basanti) – One of the best films of 2006. Definitely has a better chance to take this award.

Rajkumar Hirani (Lage Raho Munnabhai) – Very good film and very good director. Very popular film as well. Good contender.

Sanjay Gadhvi (Dhoom 2) – Very popular film. But his contribution as a director may not get him this coveted award. Primarily because of some awesome talent who have been nominated with him.

Vishal Bhardwaj (Omkara) – With Rakeysh Mehra, Vishal Bharadwaj is my joint favourite. If I were to decide, I’d give the award to both of them. Omkara is one of the best films I’ve seen in recent times. And Vishal Bhardwaj is one of my favourite directors.

BlogRankings.com

No comments: