Tuesday, April 17, 2007

52nd Filmfare Awards - IX

Critics Award for Best Film Lage Raho Munnabhai –One of the best “feel good” hindi films I have seen in recent times. Howsoever clichéd it may sound, it is undeniable that there is a need for all of us today to reflect on the thinking of Mahatma Gandhi. And the statement couldn’t have been any more clearer. Great job done by Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Rajkumar Hirani, the writers of Lage Raho Munnabhai and the endearing duo of Munna (Sunjay Dutt) and Circuit (Arshad Warsi)

Critics Award for Best Actress Kareena Kapoor for Omkara – I thought she might get it in the main category for the Best Actress. However, it’s nonetheless a very well deserved award. I’ve never liked Kareena Kapoor as an actress but I thought she did a good job in Omkara.

Critics Award for Best Actor Aamir Khan for Rang De Basanti Aamir Khan doesn’t attend any film award functions. This is common knowledge. However, personally, I thought Aamir Khan should have won in the main category. However, considering the problems he has had since last year with Filmfare, it was unlikely that he would have received the honours in the main category. Of course, this is my personal view and I could be totally wrong here.

BlogRankings.com

No comments: