Tuesday, April 17, 2007

52nd Filmfare Awards - XIV

Best Actress – Kajol for Fanaa – Kajol has been one of my favourite actresses and I would have rooted for her anyways. So to that extend, I may have been biased a bit. However, even on merits, amongst the other contenders, I thought Kareena Kapoor for Omkara was the only genuine competition to Kajol. Inspite of my fondness for Kajol as a performer, I thought she was average in Fanaa. I’m glad she won.

Best ActorHrithik Roshan for Dhoom 2 –Very high on the popularity and coolness quotient! Looks totally the stud that he is in this film! And his dancing in the song Dhoom Machale is one hell of a performance! Initially, I thought he stood a better chance of winning for Krrish than Dhoom 2. However, it wasn’t to be. Other than himself, I thought the other contenders were Aamir Khan for Rang De Basanti and Sunjay Dutt for Lage Raho Munnabhai. It was a shame that Saif Ali Khan wasn't nominated in this category for his Langda Tyagi performance in Omkara.

BlogRankings.com

No comments: