Tuesday, April 17, 2007

52nd Filmfare Awards - XV

Best DirectorRakeysh Mehra for Rang De Basanti –The competition in this category was very stiff. My bets were Rajkumar Hirani for Lage Raho Munnabhai, Rakesyh Mehra for Rang De Basanti and Vishal Bharadwaj for Omkara. For some strange reason, I wanted Vishal Bharadwaj to win this award. At the cost of being repetitive, I think Omkara is a masterpiece and that Vishal Bharadwaj should be acknowledged as one of the best. I feel he’s one of the best film-makers we have today. However, full marks and credit to Rakeysh Mehra for Rang De Basanti and congratulations on a job very well done.

Best FilmRang De Basanti – I thought there was stiff competition in this category as well between Rang De Basanti and Lage Raho Munnabhai as I thought both were absolutely deserving winners. I’m glad one of the two won. I was a bit skeptical as Krrish and Dhoom 2 were also in the running. Although I though both were very average films, but they had done stupendous business and hence I thought could give Lage Raho Munnabhai and Rang De Basanti a run for their money. All’s well that ends well!

BlogRankings.com

No comments: