Friday, May 19, 2006

Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena and Confidence

Couple of weeks back, I was watching TV when on one of the channels was showing Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena. The movie stars Fardeen Khan, Koena Mitra, Feroz Khan, Kay Kay Menon and an ensemble cast.

I did not watch the movie from the beginning and had missed about 30-45 minutes of the film. And within 10 minutes of my watching it, I realised that it was copied from the hollywood flick Confidence directed by James Foley and starring Dustin Hoffman, Edward Burns and Rachel Weisz. I had seen Confidence and I quite liked the film especially the unexpected ending. Immediately upon realising that Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena was a rehash of Confidence, I changed channels as I didn't have the patience to sit through the movie..

Anybody (especially someone who has seen Confidence) has seen Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena completely? Would be interested in knowing to what extent the movie was copied.

2 comments:

@GirishMallya said...

How do you find the time to watch so many movies? Mr. Pager you seem to be a bollywood buff but from what I have read, you watch equal number of Hollywood movies.
Is there something wrong in being inspired by another flick or in doing a remake. I agree credits have to be given, but if you appreciate the contraints a Indian producer has to work in (he really can't afford to buy the remake rights, plus the media looks down on remakes). Plus its unfair to call inspiration a copy.

pappupager said...

Dear Girish, I dont need to find time to watch movies. It's a passion. And yes, I do watch both Hindi and English movies.

In response to your comment, I thought it best that I make a separate posting. And hence I have done that. Please check out my next post which is in response to your comment.