Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Perfect Film - V

While I have, in my previous posts, listed down what I felt were some of the perfect Hindi films ever made, I would like to specify that I may have left out (what others would have thought) the usual suspects like Satyajit Ray, Bimal Roy, Guru Dutt, Raj Kapoor etc. However, I dont think I have seen all the movies that these directors have made and hence my list of perfect films, could be out of sheer lack of knowledge (of other film-makers' films) as well.

As I said previously, that I have always wondered how difficult it would be for a director, who has delivered a perfect product, to come up with his next film, as they would be carrying the burden of huge expectations to match the success of their previous film. I would like to take this discussion in some of my later posts.

Anybody, any thoughts on these films?

No comments: