Monday, May 22, 2006

Koi Mil Gaya - ET

Continuing from my earlier post (in response to Girish's comment about nothing being wrong if movies are inspired), one of the more recent films that comes to my mind is Koi Mil Gaya that was clearly inspired from ET. However, it would be unfair to say that it was copied. I am not sure if Rakesh Roshan had gone on record to state that Koi Mil Gaya was inspired from ET. Though I remember him saying that Koi Mil Gaya was not the Indian version of ET. I think he was fair enough on both the counts.

Rakesh Roshan had clearly transformed the idea of ET into his own style and wrote the script / screenplay keeping the Indian audiences in mind as well as sticking to his own formula of film making. It was a typical Hindi film with the usual song'n'dance sequences, the standard comedy by Johnny Lever, a usual villain and to top it all, a very lovable character who is autistic and gets bullied by everybody at school but rises to the challenge, becomes almost super-human, but also comes back to his normal self in the end.

The movie did extremely well and got critical as well as commercial acclaim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not my first time to pay a visit this web site, i am browsing this website dailly and obtain good information from here all the time.

Also visit my web blog ... buy natox